Where did Baba Ramdev go wrong?? .. my thoughts
KUMAR PAUDEL: wrote on 5 June 2011, Sunday Dear All, Just trying to put down my words on this much debated Ramdev issue, His agenda was nice. Though quite difficult to get to the roots of the problem. But, such agendas can be put forwarded, fasting can be done, democratic protest must be allowed as well. But, the place where he went wrong on that particular late midnight incident was:
- He should have surrendered to Police, raised his hands, and had he not run away... ( politicians generally run in between the crowds and trigger fightback with police)
- He should have surrendered and told his supporters to stay calm ( he should not have given exciting remarks in the crowd of his supporters, he should not have raised his FIST.
- He should not have tried to run away wearing kurta and hiding among the crowd.
- He should have been more aware about the number and age-group of supporters. he is saying himself that there were lots of children), he himself was not sensitive to women and children, and old people.
- If I were him, I would have addressed the crowd saying " Let them win this night , we will win tomorrow, have faith on yourself, do accordingly what the police says to you, they will finally do the way we will tell them tomorrow"
His mistakes are very similar to that acts of cunning politicians, who generally run among the crowd, make violent fight back to police with stones, slippers and empty hands, though they are aware that their defeat is sure. A peaceful leader of the protest programme has faith in silence, smile in response to the Lathis, Tear gas-shells, and bullets. The ultimate way to defeat the military masculinity is by protest masculinity of silence and smile.. the way Anna Hazare did it recently. This much for now.. Kumar PaudelNepal